Balfour Beatty Regional Construction Limited – Muse Developments Limited Website Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice regulates the use and protection by Balfour Beatty Regional Construction Limited (company number 01197246) as agent for Balfour Beatty Group Limited (company number 00101073) (“Balfour Beatty”) (“We”) or (“Our”) in connection with operations and maintenance work carried out by Balfour Beatty on behalf of its client, Muse Developments Limited (company number 2717800) of “personal data” you provide to Balfour Beatty when using this Website or contact details displayed on the Website.
Personal data is information which identifies (or which could, with other information that we hold or are likely to hold, identify) a living individual.
If you are under the age of 16 please obtain the permission of your parent or guardian before using this Website.
Balfour Beatty is a “controller” under the Data Protection Act 2018 and processes personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) (“Data Protection Laws”).
For queries on data protection, in relation to processing by Balfour Beatty please contact Balfour Beatty’s Group Data Protection Officer at Group Data Protection Officer, Balfour Beatty Plc, 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, England, E14 5HU or email@example.com.
Personal Data: We will not collect any personal data about you or individuals accessing this website, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided or where it is necessary for Balfour Beatty to process or hold for the purposes of the goods or services it provides and where there is a valid legal basis for doing so. Examples of personal data that you may provide to us when accessing this Website, and which we may collect and process, are:
- personal details such as: your first name and last name, email address and telephone number and/or mobile phone number;
- feedback, views or queries relating to our works or projects and/or information on the Website “Contact Us” form (where available) or other modes of contact;
- strictly necessary and analytics cookies subject to the cookies banner and cookies preference centre;
Balfour Beatty will also only process cookie information about your computer in the form of strictly necessary cookies as set out in the cookies notice section on the Website, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings as available by your browser provider in relation to your IP address, operating system and browser type. However, we will not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
Where we store your personal data: All personal data you provide to us via the use of this Website is stored on systems with appropriate technical and organisational security measures and controls located in within either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom which are sufficient to comply with the requirements under the Data Protection Laws. Balfour Beatty will only store your personal data for as long as necessary for Balfour Beatty and/or Muse Developments Limited require in order to process such personal data for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with Balfour Beatty’s internal retention policies and procedures (as updated, and available https://www.balfourbeatty.com/media/317644/hrs-pl-0043-records-management.pdf). Further, personal data regarding reported faults will only be stored and retained by Balfour Beatty for a period of 2 years from entry or as long as necessary where the issue remains active or as otherwise required for Balfour Beatty or Muse Development Limited client audit purposes. Processing of your personal data by Muse Developments Limited will be subject to separate retention policies and privacy notices as otherwise issued to you or made available by Muse Development Limited in relation to their processing activities from time to time. The accuracy of the information that we hold about you is important to us. If any of the personal information we hold about you becomes inaccurate or out of date (e.g. a contact/contact information changes), or you object to or wish to restrict us processing it, please inform us as soon as possible using the contact details below, so we can update our records.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Uses made of the Personal Data: We use personal data held about you for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement that we have with, or concerning, you and to provide you with the information, benefits and services that you request from us;
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- To contact you in order to send you information that you have asked us to provide such as information on our projects or initiatives either by email, telephone or via the “Contact Us” page on the Website or which we think may be useful to you;
- To notify you about our services and any changes to those services;
- To collect information, subject to your chosen cookie and privacy settings made available by your browser provider, for strictly necessary cookies required for administration of the Website, such as your IP address, operating system and browser type for the purposes of processing of strictly necessary cookies and may share this data with our nominated website developers or analytics providers;
- Complying with our legal obligations, any relevant industry or professional rules and regulations or any applicable voluntary codes;
- Complying with demands or requests made by any relevant regulators, government departments and law enforcement authorities or in connection with any disputes or litigation;
- In connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change of entity managing website’s business.
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will not use any of your personal data for automated decision-making or profiling.
Disclosure of your Information: Balfour Beatty will share your information with Muse Developments Limited where necessary and their respective managing agents and professional advisers.
If your query relates to the residential/commercial property offering at the Lewisham Gateway Phase Two project we will forward your query to the project’s sales partner Get Living Plc.
Please note: once your personal data has been shared, separate privacy notices may apply in relation to processing of your personal data controlled by Muse Developments Limited or Get Living Plc as made available separately by such parties.
Where required by law or regulatory requirement, or where necessary to fulfil our contract with you, we may also share your information with:
- other companies who provide goods/services to us;
- our professional advisers and auditors;
- regulators, government departments, law enforcement authorities, and insurance companies;
- any relevant ombudsman, dispute resolution body or the courts; and
- persons in connection with any sale, merger, acquisition, disposal, reorganisation or similar change in the Balfour Beatty business or a member of the Concession.
Personal data shall not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and/or the United Kingdom unless required for the purposes of transfers by Balfour Beatty to our group companies who may be located outside of either the EEA or the United Kingdom in which cases such transfers shall be subject to appropriate safeguards such as EC model clause data transfer agreements, an EC adequacy decision (EEA) or UK secretary of state decision in relation to the country location, consent from you or other alternative safeguards in accordance with the Data Protection Laws. The transmission of information via email or the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; and any transmission is at your own risk.
Legal Basis for Processing: Data Protection Laws require that we meet certain conditions before we are allowed to use your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice. For personal data which is not ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ under Data Protection Laws, unless otherwise notified, we rely on a condition known as “legitimate interests” in order to process your personal data for the above specified purposes. For example, it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in relation to your business contact names, and contact details where it is required by us in order to for us to:
- ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- allow you to participate in interactive features on or via our Website
- administer and respond to inquiries from you in connection with your use of the Website, our products or services or information on reported faults via the contact pages on the Website; and
- meet legal obligations under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws to hold necessary information as part of our GDPR compliance programme record-keeping obligations.
We will ensure that the collection and processing of your personal data:
- is kept to a minimum with regards to the amount of data collected and the extent of any processing;
- will not be overly intrusive to you; and
- will be proportionate in order to meet our legitimate interests, as above.
If applicable, we will only process ‘sensitive personal data’ or ‘special categories of personal data’ provided by you where you have provided your explicit consent to do so via a separate consent form referencing this privacy notice or where there is an alternative legal basis for such processing under Data Protection Laws.
Your rights in relation to your personal data: Under Data Protection Laws you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right to access your personal data by subject access request;
- right to have your personal data rectified if inaccurate/incomplete;
- right to object to direct marketing;
- in certain circumstances, the right:
- to have your data erased or removed, and where the personal data has been made public, that other controllers processing the personal data also erase links to, or copy or replication of, such personal data;
- to restrict the processing of your data;
- of data portability, namely to obtain and reuse your data for your own purposes across different services;
- to not be subjected to automated decision making (including profiling) where it produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you; and
- the right to bring a civil action if there is a breach of the Data Protection Laws.
Contact Us and Complaints: You may contact us in relation to the above rights in connection with Balfour Beatty’s processing of your personal data by contacting Balfour Beatty‘s Group Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org. These requests are administered free of charge.
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal data is held or processed by us, or if you are not satisfied with our handling of any request by you in relation to your rights, we would request that you raise a complaint with our Group Data Protection Officer at the contact details set out above in the first instance, however, you always have the right to raise a concern re: data protection matters to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO is the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find out more about the ICO on its website (https://ico.org.uk/).
Links to Other Website: This Privacy Notice only applies to this Website and does not apply to any links within the site linking to other websites. We ask you to read the privacy notices on other websites you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice: This Privacy Notice is correct as at 16th of February 2021, however, we keep this Privacy Notice under regular review, and we reserve the right to change it at any time on notice to you.
We will email you to notify you of these changes where:
- we are making substantial changes, or
- where we are doing something with your personal data, which you might not expect based on what we have told you in this Privacy Notice.
Otherwise, any updates to this Privacy Notice will be notified to you by a clearly highlighted banner on the homepage of this Website.